Re: iptables and NAT [SOLVED]

On Friday 28 January 2011 07:42 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 15:31 +0530, Jatin K wrote:
>> yes it is
> Is there a device ahead of this that is firewalling?

yes there is a linksys ADSL router ( with basic firewall ....with only
port 80 is maped to internal port 80 )

> Because if you're providing a website accessible to the public, there's
> no doubt that someone will try to hack you.

basically that web server will be accessed by our remote branches users
( actually the web server  is win2k3, our core application is published
on it through IIS )

> If you were doing what was discussed earlier on (putting in access and
> prerouting rules, to the webserver), and /that/ worked.  Then changing
> your input policy to drop, gives you firewalling (i.e. deny everything,
> except the specify exception rules you put in).

there are some policy for internal networks as well ... between the
internal office department ( some departments on different subnets )

I've posted some part of iptables status ( to shorten the mail ) , there
are some more policies , and at the end everything is rejected.

Thnx Tim and all others  for  you  input and suggestions

--
   °v°
  /(_)\