Re: Desktop effects disable problem

It brings up a window with a "Enable Desktop Effects" button and two
check boxes below that

If I remove "yum remove compiz-gnome" the problem goes away. But If I
reinstall and bring up that same menu It does not allow me to disable
it.
If I reboot after reinstalling "yum install compiz-gnome" the blank
screen comes back....... Is there a way to revert this desktop effects
setting????

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 15:35, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 10:27 -0600, Daniel J. Celta wrote:
>> Aaron thanks for the reply.
>>
>> On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 22:06 -0600, Daniel J. Celta wrote:
>> > Guys I need help
>> >
>> > By mistake I activate the desktop effects and now all I can see is a
>> > blank screen and the mouse, I reboot and nothing I get back to the
>> > blank screen.
>> >
>> What desktopp ewffects do you activate? In f14 there at least 2 choices:
>> standard and compiz.
>> > I am running FC10 on a X86_64 AMD machine.
>> >
>> > Can someone please help???
>> >
>> > I know this is an older system but my machine would not accept any
>> > upgrades to any of the available releases.
>> >
>> > Also I have read some threads where they recommend renaming the .kde
>> > directory but no luck, the problem still remains.
>> >
>> > Any help would be greatly appreciated
>> >

>> > --
>> > Daniel J Celta
>> > Main: 713 487 9307
>> > email: dcelta at gmail.com
>>

>> --
>> Use the Force, Luke.
>> Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net
>>
>> To your question.
>>
>> I am not really sure, I activated it through the system pull down menu
>>
>> >System >Preferences >Look and Feel > Desktop Effects
>>
>> I was able to login as a different user, after creating a second user
>> account,  but I cannot login to the system under that user name
>> without everything going blank.......
>>
>> Any ideas????
>>
>> --
>> Daniel J Celta
>> Main: 713 487 9307
>> email: dcelta@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Well it is a long time since I looked at FC 10 but in FC 14 you go to
> System->Preferences->Desktop Effects. Are you saying that on your
> machine Desktop effects is a atomic choice (i.e, clicking on it does not
> bring up another menu allowing you to choose between different Desktop
> Effects)?
> --

Daniel J Celta
Main: 713 487 9307