Re: SeLinux, should I disable it?

Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> After I install F14 (KDE), how should I disable SeLinux? Because more
> of the time it gives alerts and it is highly technical in nature to
> understand the SeLinux (for a normal person, not from computers).

SELinux is a dangerous software, by its faulty design, and thus more so
in the context of security, which is supposed to provide.

Try this:
# yum remove "*selinux*"

Now, what are you going to do when a hacker roots your machine with SELinex
enabled (in enforcing mode) and infects SELinux so that it can not be
disabled ?

You would have to nuke your entire system to get it disinfected :-)

I look forward to that day ...

JB