Re: SeLinux, should I disable it?

On Saturday 22 January 2011 15:03:46 Parshwa Murdia wrote:
> After I install F14 (KDE), how should I disable SeLinux? Because more
> of the time it gives alerts and it is highly technical in nature to
> understand the SeLinux (for a normal person, not from computers).

No you should not disable it. It is there to protect your system, and if you
are not a technical person, leave it as it is and don't mess with it.

Also, if you are using your computer just for ordinary desktop stuff, you
should never see any alerts.

You might provoke alerts if you are setting up servers or custom 3rd party
software or messing around the filesystem with root privileges. However, in all
those circumstances you are expected to be a non-beginner, to know what you
are doing, and to be able to resolve any SELinux alerts as they come (or ask
someone for help). Otherwise SELinux should Just Work (tm), and you should not
see any issues with it.

HTH, :-)
Marko