Re: SeLinux, should I disable it?

On 22Jan2011 16:03, Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| After I install F14 (KDE), how should I disable SeLinux? Because more
| of the time it gives alerts and it is highly technical in nature to
| understand the SeLinux (for a normal person, not from computers).

The boot time defaults are in the file /etc/sysconfig/selinux.
The current status is reported by the command "sestatus".
You can change it on the fly with the "setenforce" command.
See their manual pages for details ("man sestatus", "man setenforce").
Of course their manual pages do not mention each other :-(
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

... you could spend *all day* customizing the title bar.  Believe me.  I
speak from experience.  - Matt Welsh