Re: Asterisk kernel modules?

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 21:14:55 -0600,
  Anthony Messina <amessina@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/21/2011 04:55 PM, Alex wrote:
> > However, there are no dahdi kernel modules. Does anyone know why this
> > is, and where they might be found?

The reason is that the Fedora kernel team doesn't want to support out of
mainline, kernel mods. And Digium doesn't want dahdi in mainline. I believe
their reasoning here is they want to keep control of a dual licensed code
base so they can sell non-GPL version to businesses that don't want to use
GPL'd code.

> I also build them here, using the kmod2 spec that rpmfusion uses:

I use Anthony's spec files to build local copies here (at home). This allows
me to track rawhide and to pull development versions of dahdi when needed for
support of new kernels.

ATRPMS also do dahdi kmods, but you can't rebuild the rpms on a stock Fedora
system. It's probably not that hard to do, but I never found clear
documentation on what was needed.