Re: Help needed: extremly long waiting for printing of some PDF/PS files in F14

> Hi,
>
> having partially extrem long times in F14 until a spooled file print is
> performed.
>
> Sometimes, I have to print pdf or ps files generated by firefox, or
> printing some websites themselves. I hear some noises of my laser
> printer (lexmark e120n, a network printer), and the notificaton area
> shows some printer activity, but nothing is printed (even if I wait tens
> of minutes).
>
> Anybody saw this too?
>
> If taking a snapshot of the info to be printed into some .png or .gif
> file by the "import" (part of imagemagick)  command and importing that
> gif file inside of OO and printing that OO file, it is printed immediately.
>
> That's rather weird, and I never had this effect in previous fedora
> versions.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> --
> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

	Only PDF files?? Your printer may have to interpret the file before
printing it, so it shows activity and maybe a data light blinking as it
digests the file, converts it, and then finally prints. It may be that it
needs more memory to get the job done faster also. I see this at work with
some file types on some of the HP printers we use.

Hth. Mike.

--- Sent from my Suse Linux Desktop. ---