Re: gnote vs Tomboy

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The above statement confuses me since it does not respond to the last
statement I made in my first paragraph.

Explain what you are confused about, more directly

This is a sync server for tomboy but Fedora seems to push gnote. If sync
is so useful why is tomboy not the default note taking application in
Fedora releases?

I didn't say a sync server was very useful.  I just pointed out a single use case that some users would find convenient.  There is no reason gnote wouldn't be able to work with snowy since there is nothing tomboy specific about it.  Some client side code would need to be written and there is partial work done upstream already.   We don't switch defaults everytime an alternative program gets some additional features.

Rahul