Re: gnote vs Tomboy

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well I can answer at least part of my own question. Although it is not
clear why people are not interested in a note-taking program that can be
synchronized over several machines.

Same reason why Firefox 4 betas have sync options built in.  People move between machines but want to retain the same data.

One mystery of how to set up the tomboy synchronization server is still
unknown to me. Since I have tomboy only on one machine, so far, the
question is mute at present.

If someone knows how to do this I would appreciate hearing from them.

GNOME.org wants to offer a sync server to enable users to do this.  At the moment, one option is to run snowy on your own server.

http://live.gnome.org/Snowy

Rahul