Re: Issues getting CheckPoint SSL Network Extender to work with Fedora 14 32-bit

Rheault, Rob wrote:
> My company uses the CheckPoint SSL Network Extender for remote VPN access. However, since upgrading to Fedora 14 I have not been able to connect. I get a window that pops up stating I have been authenticated but during the connection initialization processes nothing happens and I get the following error in my /var/log/messages file.
>
> kernel: [23609.113613] snx[7739]: segfault at 4 ip 0827e85f sp bf921ad0 error 4 in snx[8046000+308000]
>
> I have all the latest updates for Fedora 14 installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I had to guess, it would be a library file missing from Fedora 14
that your program is looking for.

If it isn't being dlopen() loaded, you can run "ldd
/usr/bin/programname" on your program and see what library comes back as
"not found". If that looks good you can run the program from a terminal
and you may be able to catch the library name it is looking for at the
time of dlopen().

If that results in nothing then it could be an ABI change and your
closed-source app isn't compliant with the F14 version of a library it
is using.