Re: Gnome3 available in F14 to evaluate it.

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 12:54 +0800, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 5:27 AM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > If you know that it is possible to evaluate the GNOME3 under F14 stop
> > > reading here.
> > >
> > > You can get a look at Gnome3 by doing:
> > > yum install gnome-shell
> > >
> > > Then go to System->Preferences->Desktop Effects and choose GNOME Shell
> > >
> > > This is described in the February 2010 issue of Linux Journal in an
> > > article, "Coming Soon to Linux Desktops", by Charles Olsen. Except he
> > > gives you bad advice on how to start the Gnome3 Shell.
> >

> It is not really the GNOME 3 Shell.  It is a very early version and hasn't
> been updated in several months.  The UI has changed in major ways.  If you
> really want to test that, I recommend using Rawhide

Any chance the latest could be released for F14?  It's only preview code
after all, so maintaining consistency shouldn't count for much.

Or would the impact on other packages be too big?

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu