Partially solved -- Re: Nautilus issues F14

> On 01/07/2011 05:10 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>> No it does not.  At least not any more.  I **THINK** it had it the first
>>> time I opened it, then I made my 'standard' changes to come up in list
>>> rather than icon mode, not to open a new window on every folder click,
>>> and to allow for real delete.  I closed Nautilus, without really looking
>>> at it, then opened it again and NO side view and NO way to enable it.
>>>
>>> I was wondering if it might be some hidden file controlling this?  One
>>> of the config control files that Gnome has so many of...
>>>

>> I am not sure what is happening on you machine. But clicking on Side
>> Pane under view produces a side pane on my machine. As does F9.
> And I have NOTHING to click on.  There is NO 'Side Pane' under view.
>
> It is GONE.  It was there when I first installed, but something caused
> it to go away.
>
> On the Gnome list, it was recommended that I create a new user and see
> if that user has the same problem.

GOOD Recommendation to create a new user to trouble shoot this!

So did this. And logged on as the new user and clicked on 'Computer' on
the desktop. There was the side pane!

Then I went into preferences and did my standard changes, switching to
selecting 'list view', 'Open each folder in its own Window', and
'Include Delete command that bypasses Trash'. I closed Nautilus and
clicked on 'Computer' again and the side pane was GONE! Oh boy.

So I went into preferences and deselected 'Open each folder in its own
Window', closed and opened Nautilus and the side pane was back.

I think I have found a bug????

So I went to a system that is running F12, and I see the option in the
same place is called: 'always open in browser windows', and I have this
selected. I went to my ONE F13 system, and it behaves the same as F14.
So I guess this is NOT a bug, but a change between F12 and F13, carried
over to F14...

I still want to have Nautilus on the Applications panel as well as on
the panel itself.