Re: Nautilus issues F14

On 01/07/2011 08:43 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 07:54 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> I just checked on a test server I set up yesterday morning. It does not
>> have Nautilus under Applications ->  System Tools either.
> I'm on F14 too. If I open most things under Places (such as "Home" or
> "Computer") it runs Nautilus.

Yes.
>>   But when I
>> start a copy of Nautilus from say the Desktop (eg my Home), it has the
>> Side Pane and F9 works. So I something is messed up on my notebook.
> Under "View", does it have an option to enable the Side Pane? Mine does,
> and the side pane is not enabled unless I check the box for it.

No it does not.  At least not any more.  I **THINK** it had it the first
time I opened it, then I made my 'standard' changes to come up in list
rather than icon mode, not to open a new window on every folder click,
and to allow for real delete.  I closed Nautilus, without really looking
at it, then opened it again and NO side view and NO way to enable it.

I was wondering if it might be some hidden file controlling this?  One
of the config control files that Gnome has so many of...