F14 : KDE primer??

	Last time I even looked at KDE, it was release 2 or 3, more
likely the former. It didn't appeal to me, and I abandoned it.

	Now at least two distributions (Kororaa and PC-BSD) run KDE4 by
default -- and it bewilders me.

	Ten to one I never really get serious -- I have too much hard-
earned experience invested in Gnome -- but I do want to manage well
enough, if I can, to explore my interest in those and maybe other
choices. (Anybody run Knoppix installed to hard drive??) Someday, maybe,
some kind soul will port one or more of them to Gnome; then it'd be nice
to know at once whether to run not walk to the new version.

	Is there something like a primer somewhere, pointing out the
basics to those old enough to know better, but entirely innocent of them?
I'm thinking of things like running Gnome's Workspace-switcher, or an
equivalent if KDE 4 has one, just to get started.