Configuring a network interface without the associated static route

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to configure a network
interface using /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts without creating the
corresponding static route. The reason I want to do this is that I am
setting up a proxy ARP scenario similar to the one documented in [1].

What I want to avoid is creating the route below:

$ ifup eth0
$ route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
[...]
192.168.0.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
[...]

I want to create all static routes associated with eth0 by setting
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth0.

I know how to do this all by hand (i.e., using "ip route del" to delete
the route), but I'd like to do it using Fedora's network configuration
scripts.

[1] http://www.sjdjweis.com/linux/proxyarp/

--
Mike