Re: Virtual Mac or Windows Interface

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Doll, Margaret Ann
<margaret_doll@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We use a lot of Adobe software at the University.  The software includes
> Illustrator.
>
> Is there a virtual way to run Mac or Windows software on a Fedora system?

There's always WINE but it can be very hit or miss. Another option
would be to run Windows in a virtual machine.

Do you know where the instructions to do this are available?

> Is there a good alternative to Illustrator on Fedora?  How good is gimp?

That's really two separate questions. I'm not a graphic artist so
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the alternatives would be more
like:

>From Adobe -> To Linux
Photo Shop -> GIMP
Illustrator -> Inkscape