Re: Easy PPTP Setup?

     Hello,

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Chris Smart <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Oliver Ruebenacker <curoli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>  How do I do that?
>>
>>  On the other machine that I don't have access right now (which
>> happens to be a laptop), there is a NetworkManager icon in the upper
>> right corner, on the menu bar. Plus, there is a menu item to start or
>> setup PPTP (I think it was under Applications - Internet). None of
>> these are on this machine.
>>

> Hmm.. make sure that the NetworkManager service started and the
> network service stopped? You can use the Services tool to check. When
> you start it, the icon should appear..

  Thanks, I stopped network and restarted NetworkManager, and the
NetworkManager icon came back. It even seems to have a simple way to
set up PPTP.

  Only: So far the connection always fails, and it does not give me
any details about what it tried to do and how it failed. So I can't
even tell whether it could not reach the server, or whether the
password was wrong, or whether something else was misconfigured. Is
there a way to get any such details from NetworkManager?

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Systems Biology Linker at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/sybil)