Re: Is it possible for Thunderbird-Lightning to delete a calendar on a webDAV server???

On 12/29/2010 03:57 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
> I have been using TB (nightly) with lightning and using google
> calendar with caldav for quite some time and not had any issues with
> it.

Yes, I have a Google Calendar (or two) already, but I was hoping to have
a calendar on my home server for use by just my family without having to
hang it out somewhere else.  It sure would be nice if caldav was
available as an RPM for Fedora.  (Maybe I just don't have the correct
repository configured?)

> I have also been syncing the same calendars across three different
> machines with the above, as well as an android phone and it all has
> been excellent (around a year or so)

Google Calendar is not without its problems.  They just recently had a
problem with their embedded calendars moving all the events to the left
in the week.  Their initial response from Google was "there is no
problem, it works for us".  This was broken for two or three weeks
before they acknowledged and fixed their bug (or perhaps it just that
long to find the fix and deploy it....).

> For a brief period of a few weeks I also synced the same calendar with
> evolution which was fine except that if an event flagged up during the
> day when the screensaver was running or the screen was powersaved then
> it gave an error popup - but that was in f13 and I am now only using
> f14 - so have not tested evo recently.

I don't use evolution, and I haven't started setting alarms on events in
either of my Google Calendars just yet.  Since I'm pretty sure that its
the use of snoozing on some of these events that is the problem, I
suppose I should try it with a Google Calendar just to see if it exists
there too....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx