Re: Network communication between hosts

derleader __ writes:

 Hi,
   I need advice about developing C++ program. I need to develop 2 application which must communicate via network using SSL encryption. The problem is in which format to exchange the data. I can use XML format to exchange data between the hosts but a lot traffic will be generated. What are the usual practices to exchange data between the hosts?

There is no universal answer that is generally considered to be The Right Thing To Do.

The correct answer depends on many factors. The nature of the data, how it is structured. You're going to get a different answer if your data is just some two-dimensional grid, or if it can be represented as some kind of a hierarchically-organized data, or if it something completely ad-hoc, like a command/response, or any one of many possibilities.

Therefore, the only person who knows the answer to your question, is really you.