Re: Fedora 12 automatically reboots

akash haibatpure <sky_world2006 <at> rediffmail.com> writes:

> I install Fedora 12 on my machine ( configuration RAM - 1GB HDD-160 GB AMD
processor)
> I used Fedora 2 month it works properly but before some days OS hangs and I
reboot system after that when I try to log in into system, system automatically
reboots.
> After lot of try I install fresh copy Fedora 12 then also same problem happens
with me i.e. when I logged in system automatically reboots.
> Can you explain why this happens and solution for this problem.

Well, you must have offended the gods of computing science :-)

But there are other earthly possibilities as well:

1.
$ less /etc/inittab
# Default runlevel. The runlevels used are:
#   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#   1 - Single user mode
#   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have networking)
#   3 - Full multiuser mode
#   4 - unused
#   5 - X11
#   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#

2.
$ less /etc/passwd
yourid:x:500:500:YOURID:/home/yourid:/bin/bash <====== /usr/bin/reboot ????

3. you have been hacked or did it yourself ...

JB