Re: About programing, a general question

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:32 +0530, "Parshwa Murdia" <b330bkn@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> hi,
>
> If one has to start from the scratch, from the zeroth level to do the
> programing, which programing language one should start with? In the ocean
> of
> the languages, to start with is really very typical. Can one justify it.
> Some say Python but again they say it is Perl which is better every time
> then the Python. Some say to start with C or C++ but again some emphasis
> use Java or C#. Many say to go for .Net and VB or COBOL and some say to
> learn web based programing like HTML, PHP, ASP.Net. In this ocean who is
> just starting to learn which one he should prefer?
>
> Many say that what is the purpose of learning, then I say that to have
> the
> basic understanding of how exactly we can handle the machines like the
> CPU.
> Not to generate the big projects for the management processes, not even
> banking system but to know the basic of programing like how to handle the
> machines at the first, for that purpose, for the the scratch level
> purpose
> and for the one which is good even for Linux, what programing language
> should one like me, initiate?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Parshwa Murdia
>
> --

The reason you have heard so many answers is because the question you
ask can represent so many different questions. If I understand you
correctly, you want to know about the machines and what they can do.
Programming languages are only a part of the picture. They are the means
to communicate with the metal. The low level languages are indeed closer
to the metal, and require you to deal with memory and such. They require
more knowledge of networking protocols, and more of lots of things. All
sophisticated programming requires a lot of math.  Higher level
languages take you farther and farther from the metal, but let you do
some rather elaborate things quickly and easily. It all depends on what
you want.

But forget COBOL -- no jobs, not interesting. And HTML is a markup
language for displaying documents; it's not a programming language.

It's not a bad idea to think of schooling. CS courses expose you to a
lot that you'll never get from just  fooling around.