Re: Game suggestions from the over sixty crowd?!?

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 12:43 +1100, David wrote:
> Thats description sounds like Globulation 2, which is packaged as
> 'glob2', would be worth a look.
>
> I'm not really into games, I'm not very competitive and most leave me
> cold so I rarely bother, but I enjoyed investigating this one, where
> tribes of autonomous little animated entities compete with one
> another. The AI always beat me because I didn't care enough to master
> the game, but for me that was irrelevant because I was entertained
> just observing this game play itself out regardless of what effort I
> made to influence the final outcome.

My skills, and slight interest, in games doesn't extend much beyond
Tetris and Pacman (haven't seen one to rival Deluxe Pacman on the Amiga,
it's fun, funny, quite pretty, and playable).

Most of the AI games remind me of disturbing ants.  You can influence
them to do something, but not actually control them.

It's a similar thing with the modern 3D reality, or fantasy, games, it
does all sorts of things by itself while you nudge it about.  Plus, I
feel seasick watching the view whiz about.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.