Game suggestions from the over sixty crowd?!?

Hi;

I thought I would like to try a game.  The Fedora Repo list gives about
60 at least.  I am over sixty, not decrepit yet, but certainly don't
want to continually loose to a reflexes based game.

What I think I would like (or some combination of some of the criteria
listed)
a strategy based game; empire or kingdom or city building; more based on
natural economic or societal criteria; perhaps an enemy or two but
enough time between attacks to create a city or whatever, a good test of
strategic thinking as well as occasional tactical reactions.  I don't
think I want an internet game, but I have never tried so that is kind of
an open question.

Is there anyone out there of my age that has found a Linux or Fedora
game that is engrossing and fits at least partially my enumerated wish
list.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 14, Gnome 2.32