Re: from 13 to 14, NetworkManager problem

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:38:01 +0800
xinyou yan <yxy.716@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> by the way i am now in windows7

Confirmation that there is no problem getting an internet connection.

> > Can you show the output of
> > cat /etc/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
>
> I can't find /etc/network-scripts     there have /etc/networks

My mistake, should have been
cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

> > If you log into X, in Gnome, go to System->Administration->Network
> > Device Control.  Does it show active.  What happens if you reset
> > it?  I think you could also do this reset on command line by
> >  service NetworkManager restart.  If you go to
> > System->Administration->Network can you reconfigure it?  Is there
> > anything there that looks wrong?
>
> Yes i use gnome
>
> System->Administration  has no Network

I new installed F14, and I see this in Gnome.  And Network Device
Control as well.  I thought they were default.  I'm not sure what
package would have those in.  Maybe they are because I am running
network as a service on my machine, but you don't have it because you
are using NetworkManager.

> Preference->Network Connecting :  However it  don't show anything
> about devcies
>
> > How are you connecting to the internet, directly through modem or
> > using a router in front of the modem?  I'm wondering if there is a
> > failure between the router and the modem as that would give the PC
> > a local IP address from the router's dhcp server, but no internet
> > connection through the modem.
>
> I think  our  router is good . I can use in windows7

I agree.

> By the way . when i upgrade   it just install the software  and
> I was needn't  set anything
> After the software installed  , it reboot .

That implies that if it was working before, it should be working now.

If both network and NetworkManager are running, that can sometimes
cause problems.

Can you run the command, as root,
chkconfig --list | grep -i network
It should show if both are enabled, or if only one is.  While you are
at it, try the
service NetworkManager restart
command too.  Do you then have a network connection?

I'm just about out of ideas, given my unfamiliarity with
NetworkManager.  I've changed the subject to include the fact that you
are having a NetworkManager problem.  Perhaps you will get someone more
knowledgeable to respond to you.