Re: Wireless mouse not detected

Hi,

> My MS wireless mouse 3000 occasionally fails to be recognized by
> fedora. most of the time simply removing and re-inserting the USB
> dongle solves the problemf. If not, pushing BOTH reset buttons
> seems to fix it. (both: dongle and  mouse)

Now it's working. I had taken the batteries out, and left them out for
a while, and I think that's what did it. I tested the replacement
batteries before I put them in there, and they were 1.4v, so they were
good enough.

I have an older MS wireless keyboard/mouse combo (Wireless 7000), and
didn't even realize the LED that is on it is also a switch. Never had
a problem with it (but used it so much the letters wore off the keys!
Good thing I can touch-type :-)

Anyway, there is no such button on the new one I have, the Wireless 5000.

It's really beyond me how it's working now. It wasn't a case of
putting the batteries in upside-down, or low batteries, but problem
resolved.

Thanks everyone!
Best,
Alex