Re: Wireless mouse not detected

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:57:27 -0500
Alex wrote:

> I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse, and the battery died
> in the mouse, so I replaced it. Now the mouse doesn't work at all.

Since your computer is still detecting the receiver you have a hardware issue
and not a Linux issue.

Are you sure the "new" battery is actually good?  Replace it again and see if
the problem goes away.

My Microsoft wireless mouse(s) (I have several) have a button on top of the
receiver and on the bottom of the mouse.   Pressing those apparently resets the
connection in some way.

I have found that when my mouse battery dies I get no warning at all.  The
cursor just suddenly stops moving on the screen.  The first few times it
happened I assumed that the computer had locked up in some way, in fact,
particularly because the little red light on the bottom of the mouse was still
on as normal.  But all it takes to get it going again is to put a new battery
into the mouse and generally it's not necessary to push the reset buttons on
the mouse and the receiver.