Setup local repo for F14 install packages. What am I doing wrong?

I copied all the packages from the F14 x86_64 installation disc into a
directory (/var/local/packages/fedora/14...) and then ran createrepo
on it. I setup a new repo file called local.repo.

It recognizes the repo fine but I want to make sure it tries to use
packages from it before downloading them. I tried yum-priorities but
it seems to exclude too many packages to the point of not catching
updates.

There are only 2,786 packages in my local repo but it's excluding 4535
packages when updating (See below). Is it blocking the original
install versions as well as updates of the same package name?

I guess I want package level priorities but the plugin only seems to
work at the repo level.

Richard

# yum update
Loaded plugins: changelog, presto, priorities, refresh-packagekit, remove-with-
              : leaves, rpm-warm-cache
local                                                    | 1.3 kB     00:00 ...
4535 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update

# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: changelog, presto, priorities, refresh-packagekit, remove-with-
              : leaves, rpm-warm-cache
4535 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
repo id                   repo name                                 status
adobe-linux-i386          Adobe Systems Incorporated                          18
fedora                    Fedora 14 - x86_64                        18,569+3,592
google                    Google - i386                                        5
google64                  Google - x86_64                                      4
livna                     rpm.livna.org for 14 - x86_64                        3
local                     Local Packages for 14 - x86_64                   2,786
rpmfusion-free            RPM Fusion for Fedora 14 - Free                    411
rpmfusion-free-updates    RPM Fusion for Fedora 14 - Free - Updates        123+8
rpmfusion-nonfree         RPM Fusion for Fedora 14 - Nonfree                 181
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 14 - Nonfree - Upda           45
spideroak-stable          SpiderOak Stable Distribution                      0+6
updates                   Fedora 14 - x86_64 - Updates                 3,033+929
virtualbox                Fedora 14 - x86_64 - VirtualBox                      2
repolist: 25,180