Re: F14 pycurl update seems to have broken yum

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 18:39:25 -0800
john wendel <jwendel10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yum update Tuesday morning, now yum is broken with pycurl error 6.
> Can't connect to any repos.
>
> Any clues on how to recover will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>

>From  man curl  this is the error condition you are experiencing.

6      Couldn't resolve host. The given remote host was not resolved.

I found one reference to someone solving this by the following, though
it might have nothing to do with your problem.
https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=thread&topic_id=27667&forum=41&post_id=113747

Found it... believe it or not but Fedora requires the FQDN
(hostname.domain) in my .repo config file for this to work. CentOS does
not. Go figure.