Re: Distributing a Fedora appliance

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 11:03:10 -0800,
>  Joe Zeff <joe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 11/27/2010 02:42 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> > Arguably you
>> > might also need to provide the source for the build scripts for making the VM
>> > image.
>>
>> So?  You make the source for the build scripts available along with any
>> specialized programs.  For the rest, a pointer to  the distro's sources
>> should be enough.
>
> Not really. Fedora isn't obligated to keep the sources posted after binaries
> have been removed typically doesn't. The distributor of the VM is still on the
> hook for providing sources

That´s fine by me. I´ll just grab a copy of the Fedora 14 Source DVD,
rename it, and offer that.

Anyone wanting to get nasty on me after doing that and complying with
the Fedora requirements for Fedora distribution is just a troll or a
troublemaker, in that case I suppose I can give him the finger, in
addition to the sources.

FC