Re: Making space on an EeePC

Sorry gmail defaulted to replying to Robert instead of the list...
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/19/2010 09:09 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>>
>> I still have F13 installed on mine but I used BTRFS with the SSD
>> option and it seems to work well.
>
> What is BTRFS?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=BTRFS+Fedora&l=1

(sorry couldn't resist)

>> I'm probably going to stick with F13
>> since it works well enough and the update cycle should slow down.
>> Doing a lot of updates on an older EEEPC sucks (time wise).
>>

> I good point.   I just set up a local repo of F14 updates and last night I
> got a goodly rsync download!
>
> So I am running F13 on my EEEPC for now.
>
> I followed:  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EeePc for the broken battery
> alert and am still getting it.  Have you tried this?

I'll have to check but I'm not having a problem with the battery
indicator but then again I'm running LXDE although I have Gnome
installed.

> Do you know of instructions to get a scrolling screen?  There are many
> dialogs that just don't fit in at 800 x 480.  Have you gotten any other
> resolution working?

During install I used Alt-N or whatever keyboard shortcut I had to in
order to get to the next screen. During use Alt+Click-n-drag will
allow you to move the window past the top of the screen.

> I also tried the monitor rotation for viewing some videos, but the mouse
> became too hard to control.

Haven't tried that...

Richard