Re: Feedback

Patrick Dupre <pd520@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> My last 5 or 6 posts did not receive any feedback.
> This is bothering a bit !
> For now, I am trying for the 4th time to update a system from
> fedora 11 to fedora 12. I started 2 week ago !
> Apparently the update looks OK, but then, after I log, I cab
> rebuild the db but then any rpm -Uvh  removes the data base !!
>
> I have not clue.
> The / has been formatted as ext3 -b 4096 -f 1024
> Is there a problem here ?

While I can't speak for others, when I see someone post about "updating"
from one ancient Fedora version to another and complaining that
something isn't working, I ignore it.  Ditto for the folks that post
about a long string of non-default values they chose for the install and
lo and behold they screwed something up and it isn't working correctly.

If you want a working system, I recommend you install F14 as a clean
(from scratch) install, accepting all default values.  Ideally would be
if you told the installer that it could use the whole disk so that it
could redo the whole partition table from scratch.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht      http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/      (IPv6-only)