Re: Feedback

On 11/06/2010 11:19 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My last 5 or 6 posts did not receive any feedback.

Either people aren't interested or don't have an idea or you formulated
your problem not very well and people don't understand it.

> This is bothering a bit !

I guess you can always ask for your money back :-)

> For now, I am trying for the 4th time to update a system from
> fedora 11 to fedora 12. I started 2 week ago !
> Apparently the update looks OK, but then, after I log, I cab
> rebuild the db but then any rpm -Uvh removes the data base !!

You are not making any sense. What database? The rpm database? Be MORE
SPECIFIC. We are not Borg who can hear each other's thoughts. So for
people on this list to understand your problem you have to make a better
effort.

> I have not clue.
> The / has been formatted as ext3 -b 4096 -f 1024

Why would you want to use ext3 if - for years now - there is ext4
goodness? That does not make sense.

> Is there a problem here ?

Imho the problem is upgrading to F12 which is going to be EOL (dead)
pretty soon. Why not start doing something that makes sense and make a
backup of all your important data and then do a *fresh* install of F14
(with ext4) or CentOS 5.5 if you need something that is supported for
years to come.

Regards,
Patrick