Re: Fedora F13 to F14 upgrade leaves RPM database with strange mix of fc13 and fc14 packages

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 09:39:20 +0000 (UTC), Andre wrote:

> At present it's not too uncommon for packages to have newer versions in older
> releases, unfortunately. I think the upcoming AutoQA is supposed to prevent this
> automatically, but for now it depends on maintainers doing it manually.

Which is only half of the story. Maintainers, who release the same update
for multiple dists at once, would need to disable karma automatism in the
Fedora Updates System. Else it can happen that testers approve an update
for F-13 faster than the same build of the update for F-14.