Re: I want OO.o support, not Go-OO from Novell - Any statement from Fedora or RedHat?

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 11:21:33 -0700
Joe Zeff <joe@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/04/2010 10:45 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > I'm not sure I understand why people don't want to move to
> > LibreOffice. Could folks expand on why they don't want to more?
>
> Right now, the only things I know about it are its cutesy name and
> the fact that Fedora is making it the default.  Why should I *want*
> to change?

Well, on a practical level because Fedora has already made this change
and it will be there in Fedora 15.

This sort of thing happens. Did you realize that 'man' changed to
'man-db' in F14? It has been coverage and support upstream and it was
deemed a better solution overall.

Did you note that libjpeg was replaced by libjpeg-turbo, resulting in a
good increase for all jpeg related operations in Fedora 14? It's
upstream was much more responsive, it was faster and the maintainers
found it to be the better solution.

(There are of course many other cases in previous releases). Software
changes and Fedora maintainers try and make the best choice for the
distro and it's users.

kevin