Problem with nfs exporting with Fedora 8

I needed Fedora 8 for its version of glibc for a third party software.  I have it installed on a system.

I need to mount some of its directories across the network for backup purposes, but I cannot get the mounting to work on a RedHat system.  The RedHat system has Umbuntu directories and directories from other RedHat system mounted on it.  The RedHat system is not the problem.  The directories from Fedora and Umbuntu are being mounted onto the RedHat system, ro.

I noticed on Fedora 8,  portmap has disappeared.  rcpbind seems to have taken over the function of portmap.

nfs, nfslock, and rcpbind are running on the Fedora system.  nfs-utils are installed on the Fedora system.  The Fedora system seems to be exporting the directories I wish it to.

Fedora> exportfs
/home       RedHat
/500Gb      RedHat

When the RedHat system mounts the directories from Fedora, in the messages on the Fedora system I get

Nov  2 16:30:04 Fedora kernel: NFSD: starting 90-second grace period
Nov  2 16:30:39 Fedora rpcbind: rpcbind terminating on signal. Restart with "rpcbind -w"

If I change /etc/init.d/rcpbind to include "-w" as the start argument and then restart rcpbind, I get the error

Starting rpcbind: rpcbind: invalid permissions on file = /var/lib/rpcbind/rpcbind.file for reading
rpcbind: will start from scratch

This still occurs if I change the permissions on the rpcbind.file to rx for everyone.

How do I export directories from Fedora 8 and mount them on a RedHat system?

Thanks for your help.