Re: Another Question About Webcams in F13

2010/11/1 Vaclav Mocek <little.owl@xxxxxxxx>
On 11/02/2010 01:11 AM, Vaclav Mocek wrote:
It is a nasty marketing trick. You have 1.3X MP camera and every pixel has three sub-pixels (red, green, blue). So the total amount of (sub)pixels is: 3 x 1.3X ~= 5MP.
Of cause 3 x1.3 is not 5MP and I am going to sleep because ....

Another trick is that the higher "resolution" - understand the size of image - is artificially increased using an interpolation.

If you need a real 5MP resolution you need a 5MP camera, not 1.3MP, there is no way, how to cheat it.

Vaclav M.