Re: Can palimpsest disk utility create LVM partition?

Tim:
>> When you get there, I'd use a formatting option that does a proper bad
>> block check, as well.  It'll take ages, but it's better to find out that
>> you've got a bad drive before you start using it.

Robert Moskowitz:
> Smart gives the drive a thumbs up. Often the hardware of such devices
> busily mask any bad blocks on the drive so you always come up clean.

Long or short test?  I've seen drives that were apparently okay.  But it
wasn't until each sector/cylinder had been actually accessed that I got
to hear the dreaded clack-clack-clack of a struggling drive.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.