Re: Pulseaudio 40% of CPU

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 09:45:03AM -0700, JD wrote:
>   On 10/25/2010 04:11 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> >> I would like to add that this behavior is only evident when playing
> >> a flash video via the browser.
> >> But if I play a video via ffplayer, then after the end of the video,
> >> pulseaudio goes back to consuming almost 0% of cpu.
> >> So, is it possible that the flash plugin is not closing the audio
> >> file descriptor, so pulseaudio keeps polling and finding nothing?
> > Probably. Either way, the fact that there is a problem only after flash
> > playback indicates that flash and/or the browser are at fault here, not
> > pulseaudio.
> >
> > Best, :-)
> > Marko
> Thanks Marko -
> I will look into finding a way to ask
> adobe about it, since it is their plugin.

To add to this, I have simialr problems with pulseaudio. Everytime I start
my laptop and log in to KDE pulseaudio does not work properly. Playing
mp3 just gives no sound (using mplayer). Playing movies on youtube or
other sites gives no sound with the movie and the movie plays at very fast
speed.

But when I just do a 'killall pulseaudio' from a Konsole session everything
suddenly starts to work. Automatiacally a new pulsseaduio process is started,
mp3 plays fine and web video play smoothly with sound!

Hope this may help.

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.