Re: F13/F14 on an iPad ?

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Michael Cronenworth <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I would have little interest
> in it anyway as the device is overpriced. Typical of a Mac product.
>
> You're better off buying a tablet laptop and installing Fedora on that.
> Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834110420

The computer you show is bigger, costs twice as much, weight three
times as much, and has half the battery life of an iPad.  They aren't
really competing in the same market.  Where are the less expensive
tablets?  My wild-assed guess is that in the coming year we'll get
some android tablets on the market.  The cheap one will cost less than
an iPad, but will be mostly crap.  The good ones will have a hard time
competing with the iPad on price.  The Samsung Galaxy Tab will cost
the same as an iPad in the UK:

<http://www.reghardware.com/2010/10/22/tesco_samsung_galaxy_tab/>

I don't own an iPad, and have no plans to buy one, but I don't accept
that they are fundamentally overpriced.  I also agree that attempting
to install Fedora on an iPad is not a good idea.

A more interesting project is to install Fedora or some other real
Linux distro on a android device.  My limited web searching didn't
reveal any easy answers.

Jim