Re: Looking to add permanently mounted USB drive

Tom Horsley wrote:
> there is no way I've found to just make it disappear.

WD makes a Windows-only utility that removes that functionality.

I agree it is annoying. It adds no value to the drive and makes them
more expensive. The hardware added to provide that functionality is wasted.

LG tried to do the same thing with a SATA DVD burner I have. Yo dawg...
a Virtual CD-ROM in my CD-ROM. (Also a Windows-only utility to remove it)