Re: Authentec Fingerprint driver doesn't work ?

  On 10/21/2010 09:11 PM, Hoang Le wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I'm using Fedora 13, 64bit on HP Elitebook 6930p with Authentec
> Fingerprint reader. I already installed GDM fingerprint plugin, but
> there's no fingerprint option from GDM.
> I'm not sure if the driver doesn't work or it's not enabled yet. Has
> anyone experienced this?
>
> My friend's HP pavilion with fedora 12 has its fingerprint reader work
> out of the box.
>
> Thank you very much.
> Hoang
Have you installed libfprint fprintd-pam?

sudo yum -y install libfprint  fprintd-pam

After you do this, you will need to either reboot
or in a terminal type

sudo init s

Once you are in single user mode

init 5

and you will get the gnome login screen.
Try to login with your fingerprint.
I think it may need some training before it accepts
you fingerprint for authentication.