Re: Installing Openshot video editor

2010/10/19 <orschiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Well having Openshot in rpmfusion would be great. But until this
happens is there any way to use it already with fedora14?

I posted the error message in my first post, but here once again.

mlt-python-0.5.4-1.fc14.x86_64 requires python(abi) = 2.6
openshot-1.2.2-1.fc13.noarch requires python(abi) = 2.6

--
robert

2010/10/19 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Michael Cronenworth <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Richard Shaw wrote:
>>> If it just interfaces with
>>> separately installed codecs (from PRM Fusion or other) then why not?
>>
>> In order to use openshot you must have mlt installed. mlt is the
>> frontend to use ffmpeg as the backend. ffmpeg is not allowed in normal
>> Fedora repositories for patent reasons.
>>
>> Cross-repository dependencies are a big no-no. No package in Fedora
>> depends on packages in a third party repository.
>>
>> P.S. kdenlive also uses mlt.
>
> Oh well... I installed it remotely from work so I'll try it out
> tonight. I looked at kdenlive's website and it looks like a good
> program but probably more powerful than I need for basic editing of
> family videos. If openshot works for my needs I'll petition for it to
> be added to RPMFusion.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
> --

To install it on F13 You only have to follow 3 easy steps:

1) install all the necesary software to make it work with:

su -c 'yum install pygoocanvas mlt-python blender frei0r-plugins sox ffmpeg pyxdg'

2) Download the correct RPM Installer from:

http://www.openshot.org/download/

3) Change the mlt command in the preferences of the program (Edit Menu) to mlt-melt here is a pic of how to do it:

http://proyectofedora.org/w/images/thumb/c/c1/Melt-configuracion.png/700px-Melt-configuracion.png

And that's all, maybe the F13 RPM works within F14

Good Luck! :)

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052