Re: su or sudo su?

James Mckenzie:
> I did not state /root but rather the base root directory '/'.
> Anything else would be ok in my book from a security standpoint.

Sorry, I misread your prior post.  I don't know why I didn't notice the
brackets where you wrote:  / (root)

> Most folks just install using the defaults and some systems default to
> root's home being the base root directory and not /root or /home/root.

I've never seen that, what distro does that?  Geez, what a bad idea!

Over the years I've tried Red Hat Linux, Fedora, CentOS, one of the
BSDs, DeliLinux, Mandrake, Suse, Caldera, and Ubuntu.  Might have forget
one or two more.  None of them did.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686