Re: Chromium Codecs Problem...

On 10/18/2010 02:28 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:

2010/10/17 Hiisi <very-cool@xxxxxxxxxx>
2010/10/16 Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi! as many of you may know, Chromium is having problems
> inside fedora with youtube's HTML 5 Video, see, when I want to
> play a HTML 5 Video in youtube, this message comes out:
> "Your browser does not correctly recognize any of the video formats
> available"
> in ubuntu-debian based distros the problem gets solved by installing the
> "chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-nonfree" package, but this one is not available in
> fedora, at least not with that name.
> ¿Can someone tell me the name of this package in Fedora 13?
> Thanks!
> Oh! and if you want to reproduce the problem inside your chromium browser,
> just
> try to open this video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzdykNa2IBU
> If you open it in Firefox it will play, but not inside C:
romium.
@Ankur: Yes, I'm getting Chromium from the Spot repo

@Hiisi: Firefox 3.6 is fully compatible with HTML5. In my case
is Chromium the Browser that is not working. Chrome works well too.

Oh! and the video is a crap I know,

Cheers

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052

It's interesting but Flashblock in FF4 beta seems to think this is a  flash video (and the chromium beta won't play it at all, as you mentioned) and wants to block it (at least on my machine).

Kevin