Re: How to change console font in grub2?

  On 10/16/2010 11:48 AM, Tom H wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 12:22 AM, JD<jd1008@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

>>> You're being unfair to grub2! :)
>>>
>>> Unlike lilo, grub2-mkconfig doesn't re-write the MBR; a big
>>> difference. Also, in grub1, grubby edits "/boot/grub/grub.conf" when a
>>> new kernel is installed so grub1's behavior isn't that different from
>>> grub2's.
>> I have not used grubby directly, but when a new kernel is installed,
>> the only annoying change is that the new kernel entry is on top
>> of all previous entries, AND the default boot number is bumped up by one
>> so that default boot is the same kernel you have been booting.
>> I find this acceptable and least intrusive of the two options (grub1 vs.
>> grub2).
> I don't follow. The default for both grub1 and grub2 is that the
> latest installed kernel becomes the default unless, for grub1 on
> Fedora, you change "UPDATEDEFAULT=yes" in "/etc/sysconfig/kernel",
> AFAIK.
Well, that file says:

# UPDATEDEFAULT specifies if new-kernel-pkg should make
# new kernels the default
UPDATEDEFAULT=yes

# DEFAULTKERNEL specifies the default kernel package type
DEFAULTKERNEL=kernel

I have no idea if this file has any impact on grub during boot.