Re: Installing fedora on dell inspiron 15

  On 10/14/10 3:36 AM, sumatheja wrote:

> Hi All,
>         I need some suggestion on installing fedora 13 on my new dell
> inspiron n5010. Through many forums i found there are some drivers
> problems with installing fedora 13 on dell.
What items are not supported?
> Can anyone suggest me if its a good idea to install fedora on dell ?
Yes, you can install Fedora on a Dell.  You might not get everything
working as you think it should.
> Is anyone successfully running fedora on their laptops? Is it a better
> option to go with RHEL5?
Better you go with CentOS, the community supported version.  Unless you
need the support from Red Hat and you are installing it 'one off' then
this may be the way to go.  BTW, this is one of the Linux options I have
on a Thinkpad because my employer uses RHEL/RHAS.  Keeps me busy
'relearning' Linux command syntax and processes versus the other UNIX
products we use.

James McKenzie