OT:How to disable a built-in kernel module?

I have a project in which I build most nic and disk modules into the kernel file
so it will support hardware with any of the devices. In most cases this works
just fine with the kernel only loading the correct ones. But rarely, it stops on a
module that is not in the hardware. The latest one is the myri10ge module for
one users. I have built a kernel for this user with this module disable, but
would like to know if there is a kernel command line option to disable module.
blacklist doesn't seem to work with built-in modules.

Thanks.