Re: install fedora 13 problem

  On 10/10/2010 03:27 PM, Mirko Jankovic wrote:
> Hey people.
> I'm jumping into fedora train right now but got some problems :)
> I've already got two installs without much problems.. one on my laptop
> and another fedora13 install on an older comp just to test it a bit
> before installing it on my main comp.
> But now I've got a problem.
> Both those install went without problems but when I started
> installation on my main comp first I've noticed some graphic problems
> when there is installation started and there is mouse and fedora 13
> welcome installation screen. there are some like glitches or something
> no idea how to describe them.. like bad pixels in small upper part of
> the screen.
> But ignoring that everything went OK up to the part where I can choose
> a standard discs or non starts like sans and stuff..
> When I choose standard disc installation just freeze there. No idea
> what is happening.
> Only this that came across my mind is that there is a problem with
> raid maybe?
> There are 2x640Gb HDD in raid0, there is win7 installed,
> and another 1Tb HDD, non-raid member disk, where I would like
> to install Fedora and have a dual boot.
> Still got programs that I need win for I'm afraid.
> Sooo.. any idea what could be wrong here?
> Installation went smooth on laptop and another comp but there is no
> raid so I'm guessing that could be a problem.
>
> This comp where installation froze is in short:
> Intel core2duo 2.6
> 4Gb RAM
> GeForce GTX 285
> 2x640 GB in raid0
> 1Tb non-raid separate disk.
>
> Would be shame to stop my fedora trip right at the installation :)
> Thank you!
>

> Mirko
I searched the kernel source code of "gtx.*285" and found nothing.
On the web, I see bugs launched agains the X driver for this graphics
chipset:
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/20f97e89b8db636d
http://www.hedgehogs.net/pg/newsfeeds/hhwebadmin/item/5246057/bug599719-xserverxorgvideonouveau-graphical-glitches-on-gtx-285-alerts-nvidia-corporation

Is there a way you can use a different graphics card?