Re: Properly wiping a hard drive ?

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 10:24 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I don't know if you are seeing what I am seeing....but for me threads
> are getting broken from time to time....

Yes, that's what threw me for a loop.  The first I saw of this thread
was two or three messages together, talking about how to destroy a
drive.  Much later on, I saw the rest of the thread, completely
detached, where it was discussing returning a new drive that's actually
fine, just not suitable for the user.

My inbox was sorted by threading headers, and date order.  So all the
messages in this broken thread were miles apart.

Two messages prior to mine, James McKenzie replied to a message with a
client that destroyed the in-reply-to and references headers, splitting
one thread into two.  So, whatever mail client you use (EarthLink Zoo
Mail, apparently), James, it sucks.  Just in case you're not familiar
with the term, "client" is the mail program, not the person using it.

I see this quite a lot.  There's a few clients around that are just
plain broken, and shouldn't be used with mailing lists.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.