Re: Properly wiping a hard drive ?

 On 10/09/2010 10:11 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 13:59 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
>> > Its a new drive.  I'm returning it for a refund.
> Well, if you're concerned about drive content, you should probably
> discuss this with who you're returning it to.  You may be able to bring
> it in, verify it's dead, and physically destroy it while you both watch,
> then get a replacement.

I don't know if you are seeing what I am seeing....but for me threads
are getting broken from time to time....

In the very first message on this matter the OP wrote:

"I bought a hard drive and wrote a bunch of information to it as an
external drive only to find that it won't fit in my laptop as an
internal drive."

So, all talk of physically destroying the drive.....??????

--
Competence, like truth, beauty, and contact lenses, is in the eye of the
beholder. -- Dr. Laurence J. Peter 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段